COVID-19 ADVISORY: At the current moment, there are 35 states and territories on NJ’s travel advisory list. We ask that all clients notify us if they have been outside of NJ or have had any out of state visitors in the two week period prior to any in-person session. This will help determine if we are able to proceed in-person or if we need to work together virtually until the quarantine period is up. (UPDATED: 8/24/20)
VIRTUAL ONLINE DOG TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING
IN-PERSON PRIVATE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING
- Manners training for puppies and adult dogs, which includes behavior cues: “Sit”, “Down”, “Give”, “Leave It”, “Stay”, “Come”, and others upon your request
- Excessive Barking
- Chewing and Nipping
- Resource Guarding (Possessiveness of Items)
- Fear or Shyness
- Leash Walking
In-person dog training services are available in these select areas of New Jersey: South Orange, Maplewood, Montclair, Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, Verona, Millburn, Summit, Short Hills, Madison, Chatham, West Orange, Livingston, Springfield, Westfield, Union, and Cranford. If you do not see your town listed, please contact us to inquire. In-home dog training services are also available in select areas of Manhattan and Brooklyn. Please inquire about your specific neighborhood. Coverage areas are subject to change depending on availability.
Our Safety Requirements For In-Person Training During Covid-19
Give Paw Dog Training thanks you for abiding by the following safety protocol. We are happy to be able to serve you while continuing to be responsible during the current Covid-19 pandemic. In-person lessons will now happen with the following requirements in place:
- All lessons will be held in an outdoor location. Your trainer will not be entering the interior spaces of your home.
- All participants will be required to wear a face mask or covering that is PROPERLY FITTED OVER BOTH NOSE AND MOUTH. We reserve the right to cancel the appointment on the spot if some or all participants are not wearing a face covering.
- To ensure all participants adhere to social distancing, your trainer will use markers (such as cones) to identify where s/he stands and where the client(s) stand.
- Every client will provide treats for the training lesson. Please parcel out a zip top bag with treats for the trainer to use during the session. (We are trying to avoid cross contamination of our treats by feeding it to multiple dogs from multiple families.)
- Payment through Zelle is strongly encouraged, but for those who need to pay in cash or check, we are still able to accept those forms of payment.
- If you are ill or have recently come into contact with someone who is/might be ill, we ask that you cancel your appointment and we will waive the $25 same-day cancellation fee. Your trainer will also cancel your session if s/he suspects illness or exposure to illness.
- As we work together, your trainer might opt for some sessions to be done virtually on Zoom or FaceTime. This is the best format for items that require a good deal of discussion and very little active training. (Examples include initial discussions regarding anxiety or aggression or outlining a housetraining protocol, etc.) Your trainer will also opt to do virtual coaching for items specific to indoor locations. (Example: rehearsing “stay” at an interior doorway or go to a mat when in the kitchen. Note that we can still work with you during an outdoor session on teaching “stay” and “go to mat”. However, if you want us to coach you in the kitchen or at your front door, that will have to be done virtually.)